Friday, September 25, 2009

Moving to Monroe

This was actually posted on August 12th, 2008... I'm trying to catch up since I am new to this site :)

As some of you may or may not know, I am planning on moving to Monroe, LA on the 26th of August. It’s very sudden I know. But anyways. I’ve decided to tell you all about it through this blog. :)

There is this place called Mercy Ministries where girls from ages to 13-28 can go where they can be healed or freed from their addictions or emotional issues. There are quite a variety of problems that these girls go there for. Here are some that I can think of: Eating disorders, Physical/Emotional Abuse, Prostitution, Boyfriend/Girlfriend problems, Depression, Self Harm, Drugs, and much more. This place is a Christian place where they find your inward problems instead of fixing you on the outside. They have a 85% turn around compared to secular place where it’s only 5%. This place has been in business for 26 years where everything is financially given. No girls going there are required to pay anything. They take donations only. Mercy Ministries has grown so fast becuase of all the issues girls today face and freedom they have once they’ve graduated. My mother told me about this place and I decided to apply because of my obesity. I’ve signed a 6 month long commitment and plan on coming back to Minnesota after I have graduated from the program.

I know this program can help me, I know I will walk out of this place a free woman and be able to live my life for God and not food. I am extremely excited and feel blessed to be able to go. I believe 100% the God wants me to go there.
Needless to say this is not going to be an easy task. I’ve been battling obesity since I can remember. I could use as much prayer as I can get. Please pray for me while I go through this adventure. Thank you so much for everything and being so great to me! I really appreciate your friendship!
God Bless you all!
~Kelley Welu


No comments:

Post a Comment