Friday, September 25, 2009

My Hope is in You, Lord

Again trying to catch up... this was posted on April 27th, 2009

So! Hello Everyone!!
Long time no see!...no really. I haven’t talked to you or seen you all in a long time! Where you all been? okay so it was me that was gone but hey! for a good reason! :) Anyways I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. That I’ve missed you all bunches and bunches of times! Today ladies and gentleman I have the incling to talk about life. Life in general.

I’m going to say the obvious… Life is NOT fair. Has it ever been? nope, not in my life time. I’ve come to the realization that life is just hard. Today we are being faced with hundreds of choices each day, the good, the not so good, the bad and the really really bad. Things are constantly just in your face trying to weigh you down, trying to get you so low that you know you’re not in the tunnel anymore looking for the other side, you are in hell with no way of escaping. We woman especially have all these constant pressures, the pressure of being thin, the pressure of being beautiful, the pressure of not being a social outcast and have a boyfriend by your side at all times. I’m sorry to all you men out there but you guys make things really really difficult! What is it in us that we believe we need that boy by our side to make us feel like someone, to make us feel beautiful even though we have proof we already are. What is it in us that if we don’t have a boyfriend, you constantly over-analyze yourself and say, “what’s wrong with me?” You spend time in the mirror just looking at all the flaws (or so you think) and picking them out one by one. We lead ourselves into our own depression. I hate to break it to you...(and this I am talking to myself also) Men are NOT what we need. they are more like a special little something on the side, especially when we’ve chosen the right one, one who will treat you with respect and love you forever. Once we have realized this, realized that our lives don’t depend on our boyfriends. The good boys are going to stand out to you. I’ve come to the realization that God is all we need. Yes, you’ve probably heard the story before, over and over again, God this, and God that. Well why haven’t we believed it and acted upon it then? I’m definitely guilty, I am not perfect. But I’ve learned you can only take it one step at a time. God shows me little things here and there that are His ways of complimenting me and saying I am beautiful and loved more than anyone in the world could ever love me. I have to admit it is a long process to believing this, I am not fully there yet myself. My personal compliments fill me up with Joy, knowing the God of ALL creation, my Father, my Saviour has approved of me and will never let me down and never let me go. To me that is the most important opinion and the only opinion I should base my life upon. Have you ever heard the song “By Your Side” by Tenth Avenue North? I urge you with the most important urgency to listen to it and realize this is what God is saying to you. I’ve heard it now plenty of times and it never fails to warm my heart to the point of almost tears. God wants us to stop, take a deep breath and turn our eyes upon Him. When you do that all the bad, the evil, will not seem so important anymore. God’s glory is so amazing. When put it next to something impure it knocks it out of the way. He is so Holy that when we focus on him we become holy. We won’t ever be as holy as Him, but we can sure become closer than what we once were. Life has meaning once agiain when God is our #1 focus. I don’t know about you but I am sick of listening to the stinkin lies of the devil, saying I’m not beautiful, Who does he think he is? A nobody! I’d rather listen to my Lord who’s opinion is the only opinon that really matters. God won’t give up on me, he’ll never leave me for another woman! (amen to that) God will be there with open arms extending far and wide to give you the biggest most loving hug that no one else in the world can give you. Embrace Him, its what He wants most.

Okay didn’t think I was going to go off on a preaching rampage but hey! its all good!
I’ve vented now. :) Oh by the way… God loves it when you vent to Him also! He wants to be your BFFE… Best Friend For Eternity! Haha!
Ok bye!


1 comment:

  1. Kelley, I too remember the day when I discovered that God was not just my Father, but he was the dashing Prince that chose me! He created the entire universe, and yet he desired me! The love story, fairy tale that I always hoped would happen to me, did! And later on, he brought Jeremy into my life which just became one of the tangible forms of HIS love for me.

    Your words in the post are evident of a mature faith. Keep growing girl!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete