Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, & More Decisions!

It never ceases to amaze me how much decisions one person has in a day. We have the decision to wake up in the morning, to go to work or school, to turn left or right on the road to get us somewhere, actually stop at the stop sign or kind of peak to see if anyone is coming and glide on through, (Oh come on! You know you've at least thought about it!), or we're faced with the critical decisions that bring us to be who we have become today.

I find it sooooooo hard to make a decision, not so much the little ones that happen every day but those bigger ones that could either be disastrous or the best thing for you. I don't know why it's so hard, maybe it's out of fear? Maybe it's out of insecurity, maybe it's something else entirely. But whatever it is, it's probably kind of nice to have so that you at least think about the decision at hand and not carelessly make a choice and end up somewhere totally wrong.

For me, I'll be completely honest with you, I think I get scared because I don't know if it is what God wants me to do. A lot of times when I have that choice at hand for me to make, I'll ask God but I really just can't figure out what it is that He is saying to me. I know that God has this complete and perfect plan for my life, but how am I suppose to know what that is? It's like a game of clue! Was it Mrs. Scarlet with the rope in the conservatory? or was it Mr. Plumb with the revolver in the Library? Well we may not be trying to find out a murder case, but we are trying to find out what God has planned for us and how to get there.

I honestly don't know. All I know is that I can not take things into my own hands and in my own timing. If God was by chance to let you know what you are going to be "when you grow up", Let's say God said that He wants you to be another Billy Graham. You have a great passion to do so, so you get so excited! You wait a little bit, a little bit more, and pretty soon your getting anxious and more anxious as time slowly seems to pass you by. Well, you get tired of it and begin to go to Bible school and you start talking to church's so to preach at them. Things start going wrong and you'll all a sudden feel that God maybe backed out on His plan for you. Well He didn't, He still wants you to become the next Billy Graham but it wasn't the time yet, We didn't wait upon the Lord and wait for our Leaders command to move forward.

I know you will never see a man on the front lines waiting to fight in battle start marching out there alone because he was too impatient to wait for the Captain's command! He'd probably regret that decision in a few minutes when he is dead! NOT saying you are going to die or anything! Just using this as an example. 

It's hard, It's very hard. Decisions are not easy. In the end, just lean on the Lord, He won't let you down, even when it seems He is silent and unresponsive. He ALWAYS has an answer to your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment