Friday, October 23, 2009

Fear and Deceit

Fear is such a powerful thing. At this point in my life I've come across decisions that are just so hard to figure out which one is best for me. I rely on the Lord but sometimes it feels as though the answers aren't going to come. Sometimes you are just standing there alone (even though I know I am not alone). When it comes to those moments where God seems silent, what do we do? In this instance, Fear overpowers you because you freak out about the decision at hand and have absolutely no clue as to which possibility is the correct one.

I was told at Mercy that sometimes God lets us choose and He'll let you know if you made the correct or incorrect choice. I think I am living out that statement right now. It's surprising to me the deceitful tactics the devil will pull on you just to get you in the wrong. Even though I know that the devil is going to try anything and everything to get us away from true happiness with Jesus but sometimes it seems his way of tricking us just get lower and lower on the totem pole! This last one is a shocker to me but it probably shouldn't be.

Faced with the decision in front of me, I shook uncontrollably and felt sick to my stomach last night that I couldn't sleep. I was praying and praying to God trying to sort all this out. Eventually I repeated comforting verses to my self out loud to calm me. Most were from my God's Creative Power (GCP) from Mercy Ministries. I was surprised I still had some of those memorized after it being month's since I've visited that technique.

In the end, I am just so thankful that God is there even at midnight when everyone else is sleeping. I am just so thankful that I can call out to Him when no one else is available. Although I still do not have the answers to my dilemma, or yet fully understand all that is going on I do know this, God is still GOD and one who loves me so much, and He is BIGGER than any problem I will ever face.

No comments:

Post a Comment