Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Sunday of Worship Team

I have been so blessed to be able to take part in the tremendous tremendous opportunity  of being a part of the worship team at my church.  So blessed! I am loving every moment of it.  God totally gave me this opportunity even when I totally messed up on the auditions! 

Last Sunday was my first experience being on the worship team.  It's so nice to be able to use the gift God has given me.  What I love most about it is that I get to enjoy both services! So I get the benefit of singing old worship songs and hymns during the first service (which I really miss sometimes!), and enjoy contemporary worship with today's songs during the second service. 

It's definitely a learning experience as worshiping by yourself when no one is watching is entirely different then worshiping on a stage in front of everyone!  I was fighting the battle in my head about how to worship which in turn made it harder to worship! I was able to just let go and give it to God, thankfully! Needless to say I have a God who's going to help me. He got me on the worship team and I'll bet he's going to help me be a worshiper on the worship team a well! *wink*  : )

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I'm so proud of you. I remember my first time on worship team. Its wonderful to be an instrument of God, and help usher others into HIS presence. Its been so fun to get to know you over the past few weeks. you are a dear! I look forward to worshipping with you soon!

    ReplyDelete