Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Death And The Thoughts That Go With

Lately it seems that more and more bad news has just erupt everywhere. It's got me really thinking, mainly about death and the power of healing that God has given us. It seems that more and more people are just becoming sick and are going to die. Two of my friends have just recently passed away due to cancer. There are more and more bad news everywhere especially with members from my own church family. To me it's got me confused. We've been praying and praying for these people for so long and we pray for healing for them but no healing seems to come. They eventually are eaten away from the morbid disease and their life is brutally taken from them. Another one of my friends has recently been hospitalized due to complications of Pneumonia (description in the previous post). I received an email last night that the outlook is not looking good and they are not sure he will make it through the night. (I haven't heard of his outlook today yet) This makes me extremely sad. The whole church has been praying for him to get better since we first heard of his hospitalization 2 weeks ago. This leads me to thinking, "Why is it that no one seems to get healed anymore? Why was it that in the bible God healed all those people around them and when He left for heaven, He gave us that same power to heal people but yet no one seems to be receiving that healing?" There's plenty more questions that arise as well. After all, God did say we have that authority to cast out demons and heal the sick. Maybe it's just me or the place I am in, but I don't see that anywhere. These thoughts have also brought me back to a story in the bible where the disciples couldn't seem to send the demon out of a boy so they brought him to Jesus. Jesus of course was able to do it in a heartbeat. The disciples then asked, "How come we weren't able to do that?" Jesus then replied, "Because you have no faith." Is this true now-a-days? Do we really have no faith anymore? I think it must be. Is it really that unfathomable to us that someone dying with cancer can be completely restored through Jesus Christ? I've thought I've had faith. I believe it can happen. After all, Jesus has done it before so He can do it again. There must be a really fine line between faith and not having faith I think. I've believe we are also to submit to God and know that whatever happens, God has a plan for us, that good will come out of the bad. So we are faced with the decision to submit to God and have faith that God knows what He is doing and that His will should be done in this circumstance. But isn't Faith believing 100% that the unbelievable WILL happen? And if Faith and Jesus are the only ingredients we need to provide miracles, how are we supposed to believe that the event will happen and yet fully as well believe that God may have a different plan and allow the other circumstance to happen? I don't know if I am making sense or not. But these questions have been juggling around in my mind for the past few weeks now. Maybe one of you have might have the inspiration to share what your thoughts are? Please do so if you feel lead. I'm always curious to see what other may think. 

On a much lighter note.  If I don't get to before hand, I wish you all a very merry happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment