Monday, November 23, 2009

My Prayer Request

Well it's the Holidays, and it is officially the WORST 2 months for "morbidly obese" people who have/had the Binge Eating Disorder.  It's the time of year where deserts are present everywhere you look, candy is around every corner, endless amounts of pie's and cookies.  The temptations, I admit are strong and often times very enticing.  I admit as well that I am nervous.  2 years ago at this time of year I was shoving cookies in my mouth every second I possibly could without getting caught.  Last year I was a Mercy Resident, although I was home for Christmas I didn't do bad for the self-control part! But here, this year.  I am on my own.  I won't be going back to Mercy in a couple weeks where someone will ask me how I "did" over the holidays.  This year it's just me and God.  And God see's EVERYthing. 

I love these Holidays! They mean so much to me, but they also are a huge testing period for me.  If you think about me, I could sure use some prayer over the next few weeks.  There seems to be so much need and I know your prayer list are probably already 10 pages long sometimes, so I totally understand if you don't.  I won't know anyways :) haha!  But please pray that God will give me the courage, strength, self control, and the encouragement needed to pass these trial periods with an A+ grade! I'll take a B too but I'm aiming high.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment