Monday, December 7, 2009

I Believe!


Last night was not a good one to say the least.  I woke up with that feeling you get when a cold is coming on.  There are those few little symptoms that give you a warning signal before the cold becomes full-blown.  I prayed it off immediately, because this is not a good time to be sick!! My church's big Christmas Production is starting this week! Both Friday and Sunday for the next two weeks! Not to mention we have dress rehearsals Wednesday and Thursday to go through final run-throughs. 

I didn't really feel anything the rest of the day but around 4:00 PM after arriving home from my sister's house, things just got progressively worse.  My whole body just felt like I was recovering from being hit by a bus! Every muscle ached severely with any movement I seemed to have made.  I thought at first it was because I did a thorough work out the day before. It wasn't.  That may have helped aid the pain but it wasn't the cause. 

With in a couple hours more symptoms were popping up.  Next the a sharp headache, body chills/twitches, fever with constant heat radiating from my head and neck, frozen hands and feet, swollen tonsils, tender eyes, and all that good stuff.  I was praying hard again and just a little nervous thinking about the concert coming up and being so sick.  I thought of Mama Gina's words of wisdom back in Mercy Ministries, "Take your Vitamin C!" So I started fumbling around my room trying to find the bottle I knew I had somewhere.  Found them! But they were expired back in 2008! ... Well, I get nervous around expired things so I called my mother to ask if it was still okay to take them.  She was busy so I didn't get my answer. 

Around 7:30 PM I was just ready to call it a night and tried my hardest to see if I could go to bed.  I laid there for a couple hours and tried using some of my tactics to fall asleep. Still wide awake, around 9:20 my mother called me back.  I told her what was going on and she felt lead to pray with me, and she also assured me it was still okay to take the Vitamin C :) It was just the weirdest thing though after that prayer.  I really felt like it hit home and my body was receiving it! I just really felt something! It was short lived and after hanging up the phone I finally fell asleep about an hour later. 

The next morning I felt waaaaay better! I'm still a little tender in the neck area and have a few coughs here and there, but man is there a difference! I'm still not 100% but I bet I'll be pretty close as Wednesday's rehearsal come to start! YAY GOD!! :)

Man is God is good! I know I can't thank Him enough for what He has done for me, and especially the miracle He performed overnight, but I want to give Him as much praise as I can.  He deserves it! I'm just amazed by Him right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment