Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I DID IT!!

Ladies and Gentleman!! I did it! I read my bible last night! And it was well worth it! Hehe!


I was so tempted to just play games on my iPod last night before going to bed, but then I started thinking about my bible, and how I am putting God second and my iPod first. I started to think about the story in the bible where this man wanted to become Jesus’ disciple but wanted to do a few things at home quick before he followed Him. I started to think about how I am cheating God by not spending time with Him, and most of all how I am hurting Him by wanting to play a silly game verses time with my Savior. So I put the iPod down and I read the bible!!! ... on my iPod :)

I have a concordance application on my iPod, since my book version had a little water accident, I only have a concordance on my iPod now.  Anyways, so I opened it up and was looking at all the words and searched under the almost first word that came up, "Abba". 3 verses came up. (I'm sure there is actually more than that but this is not a full concordance)

I will list them for you...

"And he said, Abba, Father, all things [are] possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." - Mark 14:36 KJV

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." - Romans 8:15 KJV

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." - Galatians 4:6 KJV

I liked these verses so much that I tapped the next option, "display by chapter" and I read each chapter that these verses came from. I absolutely loved it. Romans 8 happens to be one of my favorite chapters in the whole book of the bible. Galatians 4 spoke volumes to me by showing how much fatherly love my God really does have for me. Finally, Mark 14 was a good refresher about the story of Jesus. Albeit this was KJV so it was a little harder to comprehend but it was still good. :) YAY GOD! :)

I'll try to keep this a continuous pattern again!

No comments:

Post a Comment