Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Encouraging Words

A little while a go I went to a woman's conference in Alexandria, MN.  They had this awesome idea to have baskets of bible verses located randomly throughout the place.  People can just go and pick a verse out of the basket whenever they want. I'll never forget the first one I picked up. 

"A message from the high and towering God, who lives in Eternity, whose name is Holy: 'I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, and what I do is put a new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again.'" Isaiah 57:15

Well after that, It was like eating candy, I picked up a few more! Here are the others I picked up over the weekend...

"I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good.  For He has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes." Psalm 54:6-7

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Give you burdens to the Lord and he will take care of you.  He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." Psalm 55:22

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh.  Is there anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27


These verses are amazing and have come in great use since this conference.  Maybe someday I can memorize them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment