Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Possible?

I've just realized walking in the door to work today that I will be 23 in June.  Which means, I can officially try to go to college next year! I'll finally be 24! This is good because when you are 24, you are declared independent and do not need your parents financial information on your FAFSA.  This is even better because you are given a lot more grant's and loans from the FAFSA. 

For those of you who may not know, I've been trying to get to College since I was 18.  I am unable to obtain a cosigner and in this economy, no loan lender is willing to provide you loan services without a cosigner.  When I turn 24 and fill out my FAFSA the first available day I can, I may not need a personal loan and my troubles will be gone!

It's going to be a little awkward I admit, being a 24 year old freshman when everyone else is 18.  But it should create a nice turn of events being older than everyone when normally I am the youngest.  

Maybe I am holding onto something I want so dearly for too long to be trying to go to College for 5+ years and not being able to go.  Maybe I should just take the hint that God doesn't think that is part of my future and I should look else ware.  Maybe it is? But Maybe just maybe the golden opportunity is next year?

I figure, if it's not meant to be... again ...when I am 24, College is just not going to work.  I'll finally give up then.  For now, I am going to pray for God's guidance in this situation.  If he really doesn't think I should go, I'm sure He'll let me know like He's done in the past.  I'll be listening, and I'll obey, which ever the answer, regardless of how much I may want it.

Psalm 55:22 "Give your burdens to the Lord and He will take care of you.  He will not permit the godly to slip and fall."  

1 comment:

  1. I did not know any of that! The... being 24 and not having to fill out the parental section...

    And, don't worry. My first semester, I was one of the youngest people. Sure, I was 19... but, most of the people were in their 30's.

    <3

    ReplyDelete