Friday, March 19, 2010

Today Is The Day

I was overflowing with Joy last night that in actually lasted through the morning! I can't believe today marks my 1 year anniversary of graduating Mercy Ministries! (http://www.mercyministries.org/) It's crazy to think I was in Louisiana a year ago.  It's crazy to think that that WAS a year ago! Man! Time flies!

The joy was so overwhelming that I was remembering vivid memories of some fun times at Mercy. I ended up texting a Mercy Sister at 11:00 last night to remind her of one of those memories! I hope I didn't wake her! :)

Mercy Ministries changed my life.  I can admit to the would-a-should-a-could-a's that accompany that 6 months journey but never-the-less, it was well worth it.  It got me closer to God, more so than ever before, It brought me these amazing tribulations from the past few weeks, I haven't binged in a year and half! A miracle? I'd say so! The person I was walking into the doors of Mercy Ministries is completely different than the person I am now.  I'm okay and I'm on my way! (in the famous words of Joyce Meyer).  I know Mercy was the first step for me, It was the first act of obedience that proved to God that I was ready, ready for the hard stuff, the meticulous refining process as God performs open heart surgery to remove my impurities. 

I'm so thankful to God that He saved me, not just once but multiple times.  He's saving me everyday. I am a new creation! I'll always remember this verse,

"I am crucified with Christ, and yet I live, not I, but Christ who lives within me" Galatians 2:20

Here are some photo's of my Mercy Journey...

The "Electric Eel" we found in the pool one day
Mall Day!!! Stephanie, Ivy and I
Me and Ruth Ann
Founder and President of Mercy Ministries, Nancy Alcorn came to visit
On Christmas Break, we all happened to dress in purple that day!!
We got treated to Sonic!!
Savannah and I while we were at the Addison Road Concert
My last Mall day before I graduated, Sharon and I
The Staff praying for me at my Graduation Ceromony
Before I left home, one last picture with my roomies, Stephanie and Sara

1 comment: