Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Redeeming Love

I am enthralled by this book, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. Completely enthralled. I'm awake enough to tell you that I went to bed at 5:30AM because of reading this book with my alarm going off at 6:30AM. Oddly enough even though I've chosen to allow myself only an hour of sleep, I feel quite alert. Although caffeine does absolutely nothing for me, I've chosen to grab a 20 ounce espresso from Super America to help.

If you've read the story of Hosea, you'd know the basic plot/influence behind the story in "Redeeming Love." The book begins with a story of a young 8 year old girl and how her horrible life started out. She was told blatantly from her own father's mouth that he never wanted her and had wished she'd never been born. There's more but I'll leave that to the imagination or until your curiosity becomes so strong you begin reading this book yourself. She becomes one of the main characters in the story as an adult. Needless to say she was sold to prostitution at age 8, and the book show's how this young 23ish year old woman, who's heart has become like stone due to years of abuse gets shown redeeming love by this man, but ultimately by God.

I am about half-way into it right now and would love nothing more than to go back home and read the rest of the book. This book has shown me an immeasurable amount of revelations ranging from mild to grand. I highly recommend it and I haven't even finished it.

I think one of the main things that stick out to me is the thoughts that this woman has, they are deathly accurate to what a lot of woman view of themselves and towards others. I know I've noticed similarities. It makes me see the need that woman today have, One of the bigger ones is the need to feel accepted and not judged by what they have done. This woman has been placed in a "category" all her life, and that is all most people viewed her as. The prostitute, the unwanted, the unloved, the undeserving. It's wrong, in actuality all she needs is love, unconditional love given by the Father, the only kind of love that can replace her completely shattered heart with a new one. A love given so graciously and abundantly that we can pass on this love to others. They don't need rejection, or your judgments, they need someone who can show them what true love is.

1 comment: