Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Getting Prepared

I've been keeping myself busy trying to organize everything for the big changes coming up.  With my job ending and moving into a different place happening in the same weekend, THIS weekend, I've got plenty to think about and do. 

Right now as I sit at work, with no work, I am trying to get everything ready for my last day on Friday; flipping files, rearranging supplies, cleaning everything, moving things around, and really trying to create the least amount of work for my manager the day I leave.  This job has been good to me, I'm sad it has to end but happy about what ever new and exciting thing God has in store for my employment next.  I've just flipped about 150 file folders so that they can be reused, and still have about 150 more to go.  Exciting I know!

Not to mention, while sitting here at work for my Monday through Friday 8 hour job, I have ample amount of time to sit here and organize in my head what I can be doing at home to get ready for the move.  I would love nothing more to be at home performing these tasks but, I mid-as-well get another paycheck in before I leave.  

Throughout all of this, I am remaining in high-spirits.  With my only source of income being completely diminished, I'm surprised I'm not more worried than I am.  Somehow I know, I will be taken care off.  With every activity I've been involved in basically coming to a close by this Friday, I have more concern in the area of what exactly I will do to pass up the time.  The only thing I have left on my calendar for the summer is literally Sunday morning Church.  I'm trying not to worry about all this time to myself.  Switching to a view from the past, time to myself included stuffing my face full of food, watching non-stop movies/TV, and emotionally beating myself up every hour of the day... I know who I was.  But that's just it... That is who I WAS.  I'm curious to see how I react to this period of life being the new person God has molded me to be.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still a lump of clay in the Potter's hands but at least I have a little form now to that lump of clay.  I'll probably make mistakes, there will be days when things go wrong, but the key is to learn from those mistakes and keep pressing on, gaining even more ground then the ground that was lost. 

Needless to say, I am actually quite excited about these changes, because out of the changes even more emotional changes might happen! And I like those types of changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment