Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reacurring Revelations

It never ceases to amaze me how I still haven't learned to read my bible every day.   The Lord's convicted me and convicted me.  I bear witness to the countless of times I've become so vulnerable to the enemy when I fail to read my bible for extended periods of time.  Some days I just get so excited to read and then there are days when I look at my bible and think it's a chore.  Before I know it a whole week has gone by.  I am thankful however that these so called, "Periods" are scaled down a bit.  I remember times where it would be months at a time.  That was a long time ago.  I seem to be one of those people who love extremes on both ends.  I will read my bible extensively for a while, and completely drop it out of my life for another period of time.  The whole routine just repeats itself continuously.  Take water for instance.  I drink water in periods as well.  There a months where I drink 5 water bottles a day, I just crave it.  Then I can just stop, and before I know it, I'm not even drinking water anymore and for months on end I might add.  That can't be good for me. 

This week has been trying, very trying and I blame my lack of persistence, because I've only picked up my bible maybe once for personal reading.  I guess I just can't stress enough the fact how everything seems so much harder, worse then they actually are, or how cravings and temptations outweigh me when I simply skip reading my bible.  And whats worse, I feel completely distant from God when I do.

Well I've said it myself, the benefit of reading my bible is way more than saving a few minutes and not reading.  So, the question is, when will I learn???

No comments:

Post a Comment