Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Misses and Wishes

I am one part of a huge family.  I have mercy sisters all over the United States, Family spread out through various states, and at some points, country's, I have cousins, aunts, and uncles miles and miles away.  I can't help but really miss not being able to see them.  I've been looking through pictures and reading blogs lately about those close to me that live far away and I can't help but feel a pinge of sadness that I can't see them as often as I'd like.  Our Welu's family has made it a point that we have a Welu Reunion ever year.  We started this a few years back at my sister's wedding because years would just fly by without seeing each other.  It would only be the next big family event such as Weddings that we would meet.  Although I cherish our annual get together but sometimes it still feels not enough.  My relatives are dear to me and I have grown up with them.  Now, I wonder if I even really know them anymore.  I know who they used to be? But people change.  I wish that I could just take a needle and thread and close the distance between us. 

My mercy sisters are important to me as well.  We lived with each other for 6 months.  We laughed together, we cried together, we witnessed very interesting things together, we bonded together.  But graduation day came and we all flew home.  Home is different for all of them, some are in Texas, Washington, North Carolina, Tennessee and so on.  The fact that it's been 2 years since I have seen any of them is sometimes hard to believe. 

Thinking back at all of this makes me wish sometimes that I worked at an Airport.  Free flying would be so beneficial to see all of my friends and family!!

My friends and family out there, I miss you! More than you know! Have a great day.

1 comment: