Monday, February 7, 2011

First Day

Well, it's ultimately going very well. I am enjoying it so far.  Yesterday, I stayed up till 11:00 to be sure I had lunch already prepared for tomorrow.  I made some fabulous chicken I might add.  I cooked the chicken, added some cut garlic cloves, slices of onion, and sprinkled some craisen's for a sweet taste and a dash of Cayenne pepper.  Don't forget the extra virgin olive oil! :) I have to say the craisen's made a very nice touch.  It was rather delicious. 

For breakfast I had an Omega 3 egg with sprinkles of Celtic sea salt.  For snacks I brought a grapefruit and some carrots.  They were the whole carrots so it was kind of fun eating them.  I felt like Bugs Bunny!! :) "Ah, what's up dock?"

Needless to say, with the food I bought and have now eaten, I am still hungry.  It almost feels like a fast to me, especially considering I am drinking so much water as well.  I'm liking the  fact of making home cook meals too.  It makes me feel like a woman being able to cook.  I've been eating pretty much fast food lately and forgot how much fun it was to be able to prepare the food instead of just inhale the food.  Hmmm, makes me wonder, what am I making for dinner tonight??? :)

One thing I remembered the most about this book, "Don't focus on the foods you can't eat, but focus on the foods you can eat." That is a good reminder for me and has been really sticking with me.  It's so easy to think about all the foods I am giving up and won't be able to eat anymore, foods that I love.  It makes me depressed and a little sad.  But in focusing on all the new foods I can eat, makes it all the more exciting!  I get to crack open my dash of creative side on my cooking and explore new things.  I've been saying I wanted adventure for some time and now, I finally have one. It's much more gratifying. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kel! Keep it up!


    Diane

    ReplyDelete