Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Have Decided

After much prayerful consideration and preparation, doused with a couple loads of research, tomorrow is going to be day one of my 40 day health journey with The Maker's Diet.  40 days you may be wondering? Well that is what the book suggests.  There are 3 different phases in the 40 day trial, Phase 1 is extreme, to cleanse your body of the toxins and get it prepared for the new foods you are going to start using.  Phase 2 adds a little more of the carbs in there and gives a little more taste for Phase 3.  Phase 3 is the phase which people who want to continue this lifestyle change stay on.  It gives you plenty of variety of new and exciting foods to try.  I obviously plan to stay on this lifestyle change past the 40 days.  But I can freely commit to the 40 day commitment. :) 

I went grocery shopping at Valley Natural Foods today for the first time.  This particular grocery store only houses organic foods.  Every isle looked foreign to me.  I'm passing each isle going, where's the Doritos? Where's the Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup? Where is Roundy's Skim Milk? No brand name in that entire store have I ever heard of before.   The prices are going to be another thing to behold.  With Organic comes pricier items.  It seemed things that were once $0.99 at Target are now $4.99 at this store.  Can I say add more money to my grocery budget??? Needless to say, It's going to be an interesting adventure for me, one that I am excited for.  I think I got a good start for next week.  

I basically haven't been grocery shopping for a while and trying to clear out anything in my cupboard that would not be Maker's Diet appropriate.  With that I also have to start a new and create a pantry again with the new good items.  I have no spices are anything like that so It will take a while.  

I'm nervous and excited at the same time for tomorrow and the next week, and the next 40 days.  I really believe God wants me to do this.  After all, these foods mentioned in this book are all based on what He commanded in the bible for us to eat.   I do hope you can join with me in prayer as I take on this next step in my life.  Thank you for everything.  I'll keep you posted on how everything goes.  

Take care and May God Bless you in the meantime! 

1 comment:

  1. Lady, know that I am praying for you! Remember Philippians 4:13! God is asking you to do this so He WILL provide for it. I am guessing you won't be eating out for awhile so any of that money can go to groceries.
    I love you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete