Wednesday, March 16, 2011

40 Days? Done!

I am excited to post, my 40 days on The Maker's Diet is officially complete!! What an exciting journey it has been and will continue to be! I love this health journey.  I thought it was great.  My initial reaction upon research on this particular subject that the food was going to be bland, I'm going to have to eat gross natural soy stuff, and all that.  Man! Was I wrong! The food is great, I love it! Seasoning is still okay on this diet.  I can spice up my food as much as I want. And soy, not good for you.  Cha Ching! :)

This journey has taught me to think ahead and learn how to cook! It's taught me determination, and it gave me back my life.  I feel healthier, I lost 15 pounds, and I have no desire for my old foods.  But I would be lying if I said it was all the diet that got my life back.  It wasn't.  It was only God.  After 23 years of striving to get healthier, striving to break this food addiction, trying to control the situation, and ALWAYS failing.  I gave up.  I am now finally at the point in my life where I can let God take control of my food addiction.  It's been a long hard journey for me. One that has brought many tears, many doubts, and many hopeless nights worrying if I am just going to have to live like this and fight it all the rest of my days.  But through all those, God has restored my faith.  I believe that this is it, I believe that God has freed me, I believe that I won't ever be who I was anymore. 

God is just so utterly amazing, it's hard not to praise Him, and thank Him profusely for what He has done.  My joy is uncontrollable. Not to mention, He finally has broke me of my pride.  Many of you may be wondering, "What about Mercy Ministries? Didn't you go there and get freedom?" I did.  I very well did.  Without Mercy I wouldn't be where I am today.  Mercy taught me who God is, Mercy gave me the foundation to overcome.  A firm foundation built on solid rock.  One that will never sway, never break, and will not be moved.  JESUS. 

I admit, I was struggling with this food addiction even after Mercy.  I just loved it so much, I loved food, I loved that it was always there, I loved that I could eat and forget everything that is going on in this world.  I wasn't ready to give up my first love.  God came and intervened.  He may have been my second love, but He's definitely a permanent first on my list. 

I am now eating to live, and not living to eat!! AMEN!! Thank you my precious Father! and to The Maker's Diet, I commend you.  You really are a good lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. That's really great, Kelley! I am proud of you! Keep continuing on this journey and your testimony can be used to help many others!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete