Monday, March 7, 2011

Endless Possibilities

As some of you may know, I decided to take a different step in my life recently.  I'm am very excited and yet a little apprehensive about this new journey.  As of March 1st, I am now officially a Mary Kay consultant.  Before you go thinking I am writing this post to lure you into purchasing, I'm not.  (although that wouldn't hurt) I am simply writing my experiences so far and the thoughts I have in my mind. 

Prior to becoming a consultant, I was a little nervous considering the start up cost.  I was also a little skeptical considering I know so many consultants already and I kept wondering, "What are people going to think when if I were to become a consultant?" Slightly embarrassing to admit but the truth be told, it was what consumed my mind.  But as I attended more and more meetings regarding the subject and thought hard and diligently on the subject, I couldn't help but think this was a right fit for me.  I went to Super Saturday this past weekend and they talked about this yearly award ceremony where everyone dresses up in these fancy gowns and get awarded for their hard work.  I LOVE to dress up in fancy gowns.  They talk about the trips you can take if you get far enough up the ladder.  I LOVE taking trips and flying! And the more and more I kept thinking about even more things started making sense.  I love makeup, I have a natural ability to apply makeup.  I love all of Mary Kay's products, I love the fact that it is a sociable job - meaning I can talk to hundreds of people and meet new friends and opportunities.  They even mentioned that all too infamous Mary Kay car you can be awarded with.  Let us not forget the money side of things.  Right now my budget is stretched to the max.  It doesn't allow for emergencies or bumps along the road.  I hardly allow my self any spending money to spend on me.  Not to mention, I someday have a dream of renting/owning my own apartment where I can live by my self for the rest of my singlehood.  I love where I am living but this is a down-the-road dream that I would love to be able to achieve.  But the most important thing to me, is my family.  Although I don't have a family yet, I know that someday I will have a husband, with kids, and my dream has always been to be a mother.  If I can get enough ahead in this business, I can stay home with my future little ones.  And that my friends, will be the best reward and blessing this business could ever give me. 

So, I did it, after much prayerful consideration I might add.  Now comes the hard part, getting clients.  Now this is what I am NOT best at, asking people to buy my products.  The second I mentioned Mary Kay I could literally almost hear the thoughts in people's minds, "Oh no, not another one."  Getting past this is hard and I hate to be a bother but somehow I know I will make it through this.  I've been praying for God's will in this and at this point in my life, I finally trust Him enough that I believe Him.  He keeps encouraging me in the little things which make me feel so at ease. 

My goal is this, to not give up.  I am not going to start Mary Kay and give up a year later, I plan on making this a business for me.  Who knows maybe I'll become a Director one day?

1 comment: