Thursday, March 31, 2011

Looking Back

I was checking my blog today and noticing that I haven't updated it in a while.  In seeing that I wanted to create a new post, I decided to tell you what has been on my mind lately.  God.  With all that's been going on in my life, freedom, addictions being broken, negative and fearful thoughts being detained, and the daily occurrences of realizations of just how thankful I am for my God, how he's changed me.  

I am remembering all the years of praying and crying out to God, hoping that somehow he could rescue me from my addictions, for Him to draw me closer and closer by His side.  I am so relieved knowing that day has come.  I am more than relieved, I am still in shock that my God has yet, once again, saved me.  I see others around me and just want to tell them, "Freedom is possible!! God can free you! You don't have to settle!" But if I went around telling random people that, they might not take it well! haha!

Someone, once told me that God has only called us to be a witness for Him, a visual witness.  One who has either seen, felt, heard, or physically experienced who God is and/or what He has done.  I'm so glad I am not called to be a defense attorney, or the prosecutor, and especially not a judge.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I was put here by the Lord Almighty Himself, to let you know, "I once was blind, but now I see."  Only, I would say it like this, "I once was addicted, but now I'm free!" Jesus has set me free!

I am overwhelmed by all He has done and how He's changed me.  I almost wasn't sure this day would come, but God must have seen a little faith there.  I love Him, so very much.  I can not wait to get to heaven and give Him the biggest hug I could possibly muster! Oh! what a day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment