Friday, April 22, 2011

Solemn Day

Today we observe the day that Jesus died.  Granted who knows if today was actually day, but the meaning is still there and worth mentioning.  Some days I just can't believe that a God of all things could possibly love me so much that he would send his one and only son to die the most torturous death in history.   You'd think that if He was to send his only son to die, He'd have a pretty noble cause.  What I think is crazy is that God said that WE are His noble cause. 

Looking back on my life, knowing how much I've sinned, how much I have hurt God, how easily I can stray and leave God standing in the dust that was kicked up by my shoes, it's hard to imagine He still loves me more than life.  His exact words are, "More than the grains of sand on the earth." I don't know about you but can you think about all the grains of sand that are on this earth? That's A LOT. 

I keep thinking about what life would be like if He hadn't come down to save us.  More than likely we'd be going through animals like candy, considering something has to be sacrificed in order wash away our sins.  But even then, I wonder if that would ever be enough.  We'd be void of the Holy Spirit considering after Jesus rose from the dead He left us with Him.  The presence of the Holy Spirit is amazing, life would be 100 times harder with out Him.  Who knows what else.  I'm just so glad God came down to save me.  I'm supposed to be on the cross, not him.  I've often wish he hadn't saved me, but I know God never doubted for a second on his decision to save us.  He has a grand and mighty plan that we will never fully grasp.  The only thing I can do now is wait and live life for God the most humanly possible way. 

One thing I need to remember, is to thank him.  Thank him as much as I can.  Everyday I have new life because He sacrificed His life for me.  What an amazing God we serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment