Friday, August 12, 2011

Faith & Trust

Yesterday didn't go well for me.  With my best friend leaving for Ghana, and the newest news, I will be losing my job on October 3rd.  I'm afraid, any smiles I put forth yesterday weren't genuine.  While the news of losing my job was somewhat expected, I still was in complete shock.  I respect my company, they were extremely gracious to me to allow a month and a half notice so that I could find another job.  Being a temp, you normally don't see that type of kindness.  I will miss it dearly at American Family Insurance, it has been by far my favorite job I've had.  The people are great, the management is great, the work is great, everything you could ask for. 

It's so easy to look at the negatives in this situation but all I can see right now are the positives.  I have made so many great connections through this company, and gained experience to grant me interviews for other positions.  I have people who are looking for jobs for me, some even at my company so that I can stay.  It would be simply amazing if I could get hired at American Family full-time. 

I look back on how I got this job, and it was nothing short of a miracle.  God placed it in my hands all because I chose to trust him when I was let go from my previous company.  I had saved just enough money that happened to run out the day I started my job at AmFam, all because God had urged me to start a budget.  The fact that my recruiter called me because he found my resume online shows that I had nothing to do with it.  This job was meant to be.  I had fun. 

Now, it's time to trust him again.  Already I see his hand in the situation slowly guiding me to where I need to go, so my only objective is to have faith in God, and trust that He will provide me another job, preferably permanent! God cares about me, and I know that all He wants is for me to be happy.  I know beyond a doubt that by October 3rd, I will have a new job waiting for me.  I wonder what it will be? They say curiosity killed the cat, but quite frankly, my cat's already dead. :)

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment